Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Click to join the contest

• [NEWS Jaguar Confirms All-Electric SUV Called I-Pace

Yes yes, we've said it before that we don't much care for concept cars as they never ends up looking the same during production, sometimes they don't even get made. However, this all-electric Jaguar SUV has been confirmed for production by 2018, and we're intrigued.

Jaguar isn't exactly the most modern when it comes to their drivetrains, no hybrids and still fiddles around with superchargers while everyone is using turbos, you really wouldn't expect them to make an all-electric car. This stupidly-named I-Pace has a twin-motor, all-wheel drive setup powered by a 90kWh battery, putting out 395 horsepower. While a Tesla can still be faster, the I-Pace will go from 0-100km/h in four seconds flat, giving even the most serious petrol-engine sports cars a run for it's money.

Jaguar is promising “precise, agile driving dynamics as yet unseen on an electric vehicle," thanks to a low centre of gravity plus. While it does look good - like a funkier version of the F-Pace - here at Speed Creed, we tend to be skeptical with electric cars. We still think V8 noises and burning petrol is much more romantic than electric cars. But hey, this means Jaguar is ready to do more innovations in the future, we'll see what it's like.

The only thing we hate is the name, to be honest. I-Pace. Why does every electric car need to have those pretentious names and tends to have "I", like the BMW i3 and i8, why won't they just call it the Geoff or something.