Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

• [NEWS] Maserati Won't Be Making A Sports Cars for Two or Three Years

If someone says Maserati to me, what comes up in my mind is the beautiful Gran Turismo that spits out beautiful V8 noises through it's massive exhaust. While the Gran Turismo is lovely, it is getting a bit old and I've been waiting for Maserati to make a replacement, however, it seems like we won't be getting it until 2019, and it seems that 2017 will be the last year Maserati makes the Gran Turismo and Gran Cabrio.

Car magazine reports that with Gran Turismo and Gran Cabrio due to end in 2017 and replacements not coming until 2019 at the earliest, Maserati’s range is going to consist of only saloons and SUVs for at least two years, maybe longer.

Speaking to Car, Maserati’s Europe director Giulio Pastore said: “We have to have sports cars in our range and we would like to keep two models again.” While it is the new Quattroporte and Ghibli that's keeping the sales figures up - not to mention the Levante - it will be odd for an Italian sports car brand not to have a sports car in it's lineup.

Hopefully, the replacement will arrive early and we can have another beautiful Maserati sports car to adore.