Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Click to join the contest

• [NEWS] The BMW G30 M550i xDrive Is The Bonkers Saloon We Want

While the G30 has only been launched and are not on sale yet in the country, we have news that BMW is making something called the M550i xDrive. It's not quite an M5, but it sure can beat the current M5 quite easily, courtesy of a 455 horsepower double-Vanos twin-turbo V8 and a four wheel drive system.

First of all, this isn't going to be the fastest 5-series in the range, God no. This is only a semi-M performance vehicle like the M240i, but even this will still hit 0-100km/h in four seconds flat. Yes, 4 seconds. Porsches are wetting it's pants right now.

The M550i gets a package of upgrades like 10mm lower suspension, light-alloy wheels and sharper Sport and Sport+ engine and chassis modes than lower models will get, meaning better driving dynamocs. It will also get larger brakes to help it stop better, as well as metallic blue calipers to make it look cool, because looking cool is more important than anything.

Things like adaptive cruise control and all that nonsense are going to be fitted as standard, but we don't care about that. We only hope that either Eurokars or BMW Astra will put this M550i model on sale. Please. Just, please. We need this.

Via CarThrottle