Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

• [NEWS] Aston Martin DB11 V8: AMG GT? Is That You?

Whether the DB11 is a good looking car or not is up for debate, *cough* I hate it *cough*. But I think we can all agree that a V12 is the bread and butter of an Aston Martin. It's the full-on beautiful chef special that you just have to order, while the V8 is more of a fish & chips dish. Nothing wrong with it, but the chef has something way better to serve.

Tortured analogies aside, the V12 unit have always been our favourite, so a V8-powered DB11? Well, it's nothing but raised eye-brows from us.

Granted, the V8 is the 4.0L twin-turbo unit that you'd find in the Mercedes-AMG GT, which has already been proven to be a great drivetrain producing 503 horsepower which is almost 100 horsepower less than the DB11 V12, but the V8 is 115kg lighter so performance isn't that far-off.

To be honest, personally I'm not too interested in this car. The AMG GT is cheaper still, and while the DB11 comes with the Aston Martin badge and all it's optional extras glory to really spec it up to your liking, the GT - to my eyes at least - is still the better looking car and the interior isn't exactly shoddy now is it? So for me, it has to be GT still. Sorry, Aston.

Via CarThrottle