Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

• [NEWS] Behold: The BMW Z4 Concept

The Z4 has been around for a while now, and while it's an impressive car, we've never been a big fan of the looks. Aesthetically, there's nothing wrong with the Z4, it's just isn't all that exciting. The next-gen Z4 though, seem promising.

Now, of course this is only a concept at the moment, the production version will debut next year at Geneva. However, if the production version looks even a slight bit like this concept car, then I think life is well and good. In fact, we can be sure of that, as designer Marc Girard told Auto Express: “Here we have 80 per cent of the hard core engineering requirements in terms of aerodynamics and cooling and things like that so we are, in effect, previewing a close to production model.”

Of course no actual specs have been released, but we can be sure that the Z4 will remain rear-wheel drive, and if this leaked document is anything to go by, the next Z4 will come in a 2.0i, 3.0i, and also M40i guise. Probably with BMW's 2.0L four-cylinder for the 2.0i and 3.0i models, and their 3.0L six-cylinder engine for the M40i. Interesting, but we're kind of hoping that BMW will do another Z4 M. Please, BMW?

It's also possible that the next-gen Z4 will be soft fabric rather than a soft-top, as the spy shots of the camo'd test car have been using a soft-top. Whether that's good or not, that's up to you, do you like the fancy hard-top mechanism? Or do you prefer a simple soft-top that's lighter?

Personally, I don't much care for concept cars as they're never going to look that way into production. Regardless, I'm hoping that the next-gen Z4 will finally look good, I've never been a fan of any the of the Z4. Do you like it? Or would you guys prefer and wait to see the next-gen Supra?

Via AutoExpress