Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

• [NEWS] Would You Rock This Sporty BMW i3?

We never thought the day would come when BMW makes a sporty version of the i3 first rather than making an M-version or a more performance-oriented version of the i8. But anyway, the car's here, and a sporty electric hot-hatch might not be the worst thing in the world, so lets see exactly what the i3S is about.

It's essentially a faster, sportier version of the standard i3, it has 181 horsepower (14hp more) and 199lb-ft of torque, doesn't sound too impressive, does it? But it is around the same power figure as a Ford Focus ST and the i3S can do 0-100km/h in 6.8 seconds, which means you can actually leave a GT86 behind.

There are changes to the look, and the crazy thing is that it sits on 20-inch wheels which makes it look tall and ridiculous. It is wider though, at around 40mm and it's also 10mm lower. Sporty.

BMW claims that this is 40% punchier than the standard i3, top speed sadly is only 100mph. Still, the bog-standard i3 can only do 93mph.

What do you think, Speeders? Cop or drop? The thing is, we don't fancy electric vehicles, but like it or not we have to embrace the idea soon enough, and the idea of a faster, sportier i3 isn't all that bad, it's just that we think the car could still look better, because at the end of the day, who would want a hot-hatch that's fast but not exciting to look at? Come on BMW, we know you could do better. We're still waiting on an Mi8 by the way. Or is it going to be called the i8M? Whatever, we want it anyway.

Sorry to waste your time with this EV, here's a video of an alleged Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series going around the Nurburgring for your enjoyment.

Via CarThrottle